SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 5 September 2014

My August Beauty Favourites...



Hi lovelies,
Well didn't August fly by?! I can't believe it's actually September already. Not that I am complaining though, I love Autumn as it means cosy jumpers, hot chocolates and not to forget, halloween!
So in this post I thought I would share with you the products I was loving last month – some are new discoveries and others old favourites.

The first product I was loving was one of my new discoveries! Last month I started noticing little bumps appearing on my face and the odd spot cropping up so I was in need of a new facial scrub. I decided to make a little trip to The Body Shop as the products I have previously tried have all been really good. The shop assistant recommended The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub-£6.50 to me and boy am I glad she did! This product is amazing! I noticed results straight away – my skin felt instantly smoother, looked healthier and the blemishes began to fade. It has a strong scent to it, however, this is not an issue for me as I love the smell. I use the scrub every other night after cleansing and it doesn't dry my skin out one bit! I would recommend this product to anyone.

My second discovery last month was the MAC Strobe Cream-£24.50. Once again I purchased this after it was recommended to me and have used it everyday since. So what is it? Well it's a miracle in a bottle to me! It's a moisturiser loaded with vitamins and green tea which combats tired and dull skin. I use the product before applying my foundation focusing more in the centre of my face. It gives a lovely glow to your skin and keeps your face feeling hydrated and moisturised without looking oily. A little really does go a long way with this and if you like, you can apply more in the evening to achieve a more intense highlight. An absolute must have in your makeup bag!

The next few products are some old favourites which have reappeared into my daily routine. The first being another MAC product (I told you i'm a MAC gal!). The MAC Creme Cup Lipstick-£15.50 is described as a light blue pink colour and has their cremesheen finish. It's a great everyday lipstick to add a bit of colour to your lips without being too much. I'd describe it as a your lips, but better colour.  I love teaming this lipstick with a smokey eye at weekends for a more dramatic look!  

My next fave is the No7 Blusher Brush-£11.50. This little gem is perfect for everything! I use this brush to contour, highlight and apply blusher. As the brush is slightly tapered, it allows you to get into the hollows of your cheeks – shaping your face "effortlessly". The bristles are really soft and apply product evenly to my face. Being a synthetic brush, it makes it easy to clean and I find it doesn't shed either. I think this brush will be staying with me for a long time! 

Last but by certainly no means least are the Simple Kind To Skin Facial Cleansing Wipes-£3.49 which are currently on the 3 for 2 offer in Boots! I just love these wipes and to be honest I love the brand as a whole. As previously mentioned, I have sensitive skin and I find that most facial wipes are too harsh for my skin and the wipes that aren't are quite dry. These are just perfect in my eyes. They don't irritate my skin and they hold in a lot of moisture so they don't dry up quickly. Now, we all have them nights where we feel lazy and our skincare routine just seems to much of a task – so this is when these little beauties are handy! The wipes are very gentle and take all my makeup of (even mascara) without hassle, leaving my skin feeling clean and fresh.

What beauty products were you loving last month?

Lizzie x



Post a Comment